Participants will develop the essential Reading, Writing and Math computation skills, in preparation for the GED test, in addition to contextually acquiring critical Employability, Occupational and English Communication Skills required to successfully enter employment or in a career path leading to self-sufficiency. Our goal is always to maximize our clients' participation, job placement, employment retention and advancement.
WA maintains a consistent strategy throughout all the programs and activities it offers and the highest possible academic/educational standards in the industry. All of our programs:
- Use curricula that has been approved by the State of New Jersey Department of Education and Labor and are based on College & Careers Readiness Standards.
- Incorporate employability skills that have proven effective in practice;
- Make available cutting-edge technology in the classroom, providing for self-paced instruction.
- Offer methodologies and classroom activities that are student-driven.
- Use effective academic, educational, job placement and retention methodologies to ensure the success of our students in the classroom and in their chosen work environment.
Workforce Advantage incorporates the College & Careers Readiness Standards adopted by the State Employment and Training Commission and the State Council on Adult Literacy. These standards define the capabilities needed for adults to "carry out their roles and responsibilities as workers, parents and family members, citizens, and community members". They include the ability to understand and use prose (such as reports, letters and equipment manuals); to communicate effectively in English; to understand use documents (i.e. Safety instructions, assembly directions, etc.); to understand and use numbers by themselves or in charts and tables; to think critically and act logically to solve problems and make decisions; to use computer technology, tools and information systems effectively; to hold a positive attitude toward change and a willingness to learn for life.
Using a Contextual Learning approach, the program will also stress job related communication skills and active occupational vocabulary development. Participants will learn money management skills, how to utilize public transportation effectively, job opportunities and vocabulary related to their areas of occupational interest.
All our workbook exercises were digitized and incorporated in Quizlet. This is an app that students can access at anytime, anywhere from their cell phone and practice exercises while playing different games. Needless to say, students love it!
- Develop occupational and employability skills (soft skills) they require to advance to reach self-sufficiency.
- Receive high quality training, utilizing innovative learner driven teaching strategies and based on up to date Curriculum Competencies, which meet the requirements and needs of our employer-partners.
Minimum Enrollment Qualifications:
6th Grade Reading Level.
Certified Nurse Aide
Students prepare for the State Certification and employment as a CNA in a long term care facility or Hospital; done in partnership with major employers. Learn more
Pre-Occupational Health Careers
Students explore health care career paths that including CNA, HHA and LPN career options, requirements, responsibilities and advancement opportunities. Learn more
IC3 Digital Literacy
The IC3 is short for Internet Computing Core Certification. IC3 helps you learn and demonstrate Internet and digital literacy through a worldwide industry standard. Learn more
Microsoft Office Specialist
Our Microsoft Office Specialist certification paths reflect today's cloud-focused jobs, helping you to get hired, get ahead, be productive faster, and to receive the recognition you deserve. Learn more
Occupational ESL (English as a second Language)
The ESL program will assist students to become "work-ready" by achieving the educational progress that is essential for English communication skills. Learn more
Basic Skills for the Workplace
Participants will develop the essential Reading, Writing and Math computation skills in addition to contextually acquiring critical Employability, Occupational. Learn more
Job Readiness / Soft Skills
This is an open entry-open exit program that provides the support necessary to help students job readiness, gain and/or retain full-time employment. Learn more